Smart lights are based on saving energy technology. These lights may have high efficiency fixtures and automated controls that make adjustments based on conditions such as occupancy or daylight availability. A smart light is an internet-capable LED light bulb that allows lighting to be customized, scheduled and controlled remotely. Smart lights are the most successful and growing in home automation things. These lights can wirelessly connect with phone apps. Hence, because of all these qualities these lights are called smart.
Benefits of using Smart Light:
- You can dim them according to tour mood. You don’t need to install dimmer switches in your home for that, simply screw a dimmable smart bulb into your lamps and dim or brighten them using bulb’s corresponding app. The only effort here required is choosing the right dimmable bulb for your home.
- You can control from anywhere, even when you are away from home. Smart lights by Philips have scheduling features which allows you to control the lights from anywhere in the world. This is a great security and safety option too. You can any time switch the lights on and off from far, to show as if you are present in the house. Also you need not to worry if you forgot to switch off the lights, you can simply use your connected smart phone to do the needful. Hence, this technology saves electricity.
- These lights can change colours according to your mood and preference. You can choose from vast variety of colours. So, whether there is a party at your home or you just want to relax at home, you can set the light and enjoy the ambience. In fact few smart light also comes with play music options. It’s like cherry on the cake, play music in perfect ambience.
- These lights are smart enough to make you sleep. The C Sleep emits several colours temperatures that are specially designed to help regulate natural melatonin production in the body. The light setting help to supress the melatonin level during day time and increase during night time.
Hence, all the above reasons are good enough to change your standard lights with mart lights and enjoy the life.
3 Best Smart Lights:
- Philips Hue: try this light to convert you standard light home into a smart light home on a large scale. Philips Hue Smart Bulb Starter kit comes with 4 A19 bulbs, one Hue Bridge, a power adapter, Ethernet cable and two years warranty. This light system can cater for up to 50 smart lights. Simply install the LED lights and pair them with the Hue Bridge, which allows you to control lighting and you are done.
- LIFX Multicolour A60 Smart Bulb: LIFX is a brilliant, affordable way to step in to the world of smart home lighting. There is no need for separate hub as the light can connect directly to the smart home.
- Slyvania Garden Spot: these lights are 14 feet long and suitable for outdoors. These lights are eco-friendly in terms of power consumption.